Bike Fest Tucson is an annual celebration of the most incredible form of human-powered transportation in the world – the bicycle!
Clean and green, so simple, elegant, affordable and fun – the bicycle deserves an entire month dedicated to celebrating its beauty and practicality. Get ready to spend the glorious, warm, sun-drenched days and cool nights of April riding your bicycle!
Are you a business or organization wanting more information on how to get involved in Bike Fest? Download our Local Business: “How To” sheet here!
Bike Fest is designed to provide something for everyone. There are events designed for kids, tweens, adults, business owners, die-hard bike-to-work commuters, casual cruisers, and everyone in between. Whether you are just checking out Bike Fest Tucson for the first time or have participated in some way over the last 20+ years, here’s a list of the key components for 2015:
- Participating businesses and organizations that offer special deals and discounts throughout the month to encourage you to ride your bike to their business. Register your business discount to cyclists here.
- A 2-Mile Commuter Challenge to reward you for using your bike in April, with a chance to win awesome prizes (more info and signup available on this website soon)
Here’s 3 ways to get involved:
- Get tuned in. Make sure that you like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and sign up to receive Bike Fest e-blasts (the form is at the top of this page) with updates and news. Click here to download and print a copy of our flyer to hang up at your school, business, work, or favorite hang out spot.
- Start scheming: figure out your dream event! The best thing about Bike Fest is that anyone and everyone is invited to host an event. The sky is the limit. As long as it has something to do with the bicycle, it works, whether it’s a progressive dinner by bicycle, a bicycle art crafting circle, or even a bicycle parade. Need some ideas or some how-to advise? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Visit this page for a complete “how-to”.
- Get on board as a sponsor. Bike Fest reaches far and wide throughout the Tucson region. 60,000+ people participate in Bike Fest events and hundreds of thousands more hear about it through Bike Fest marketing and outreach. It’s a great way to promote your business. How? We’re glad you asked. You can become an official sponsor of Bike Fest, underwrite an event, or provide in-kind support (we will gladly accept gift-cards and other donated goods to be used as prizes for the 2-Mile Commuter Challenge). If you’re a business, you can also offer a discount or promo to bicyclists as part of Pedal the Pueblo.
Note: As a reminder, it’s a mandatory law in the City of Tucson and Pima County that youth under 18 years of age wear a properly fitted and fastened bicycle helmet. And, for all of you over 18: we think your brain is sexy! Consider wearing a helmet too.